Friday, December 9, 2011

Week Fifteen- Art Gallery Visit #3: Self-Portraits Art Making/Material Exploration Blog

Create a reflection journal on your Blog and answer the following questions:
 

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?

I selected each of my inspiration pieces because one actually inspired my self portrait and the others because  I found them to be interesting.  Emily Johnson illustration of herself really helped me with creating my own self portrait.  Patricia Perry's recreation of the photo about the IRA solider was beautiful and captivating during that time frame.  The third piece of work that inspired me was Stella Robinsons self portrait of herself.  She showed herself bending over putting beans into a bag, and sending it off with a customer.  Her face was painted with such warm colors to match the personality of the artist.


 


2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?

I selected the idea that I did to create my self-portrait because I felt that it was the best way in which I could try to represent my self portrait.  I believe that if I used oil paint, acrylic paint or anything similar I do not feel I have the right experience to represent what I was trying to do so.
 


3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?

I believe that my biggest issue was the fact that I feel that I cannot draw well.  I thought that creating the reflection of my self portrait I had taken a picture of and creating it on paper would be easy, but it was not.  I re did the portrait a couple of times but my finished product was the best that I was able to do.
 


4. How does this piece represent you?

I believe that piece represents me because I am a very happy, genuine person.  The rosy cheeks, kind eyes, and happy smile fits my personality perfectly!  This was my inspiration from the self portraits that I had captured and how the artist was either reflecting on themselves or another.
 

5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?

I used the elements and principles of line and texture which I had observed in the self portraits that I had captured from the gallery.
 

6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
 

Yes, I did enjoy working on this project. I thought it was actually quite interesting to be able to create a self portrait of myself and also explore other artists portraits at the Market Gallery.

7. What do you think of your final artwork?

I enjoyed my final piece of artwork, but I did not think that it was a good representation of myself. 


This illustration of a self portrait I found to be the most interesting.  This was a picture that was taken and recreated by Patricia Perry, of Solider IRA Pettit.  The illustration was captured in black and white of the solider doing one of his proclaimed famous past times.
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/annaloran/1323483240.jpg

This illustration of the artists Emily Johnson own self portrait was on exhibit at the Market Street Art Gallery.  I thought it was a beautiful representation of herself and she seemed to be at peace.  This piece of art is where I had most of my inspiration for my creation.
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/annaloran/1323483196.jpg

This is a self portrait of Stella Robionson.  There is a connection between Stella and Emily which I found out through doing a bit of research at the gallery, they are grandmother and daughter.  It was so neat to see that both of the generations had such a amazing ability.
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/annaloran/1323484128.jpg



This is a picture that I took for my self portrait.
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/annaloran/1323482914.jpg

This is my self portrait that I had created with inspiration from Emily Johnson illustration.  
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd434/annaloran/1323482830.jpg







No comments:

Post a Comment