Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Re: Video Reviews

Questions and Topics for Your Blog Posting:
1. Explain why you selected each of the three videos you choose from the selection listed above.

The reason why I had selected these specific three videos because they were the three that seemed most appealing to me.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

In the first video I watched the “Cairo Museum,” it was so intriguing.  This museum is actually one of the few I would love to visit-and I typically am not interested in any museums at all. Inside the Cairo museum there were ancient artifacts that sparked my interest the most.  The second I had watched was “A World Inscribed; The Illuminated Manuscript.”  After watching that video I had gathered a whole new respect for the concept.  I never new how long it actually took to create them.  Personally if anything takes any longer than a ½ hour I may loose patience. The third video I had chosen was “Late Gothic Art and Architecture.”  After actually watching the video I wasn’t interested in the concepts as much as I was the others.  The type of art isn’t something that interest me as much of the others because I tend to be interested in art and archeciture that is appealing to the eye.

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

The video relate to the readings in the text because they are reutilizing the concepts we have learned but in more depth so we are able to grasp a better understanding of them.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?

I enjoyed each of the films.  As I mentioned in response to the question prior, they helped me gather a better understanding to the concepts discussed in the text by elaborating on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment