Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Video Review Post

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

The concepts I learned in this video specifically pertrained to the style prairie.  Prairie style was influenced heavily in Frank Lloyd Wright's work truly changed the face of modern architecture.  He used floating horizontal planes that related to a organic relationship with what he consider to be his natural surroundings.

The Science of Design: 

The concepts that I learned in the video The Science of Design specifically pertained to skyscrapers.  Skycraoers have had a major impact on our society as a whole especially in cities.  Also, there was ways that were discussed to protect this types of buildings from wind storms.

An interesting fact I had learned is, they can sometimes move one whole meter in a wind storm!  When you really think about that, imagine if you are in a high rise-did you know this may or may not have happened to you? 

Classical Archeciture:

To say the least this video was my least favorite of them all.  It explained about ancient cultures and the classical archeciture of the Greek and Romans. As mentioned in the video both Greek and Romans have had a strong influence on our civilizations even now a days.


2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

The videos relate to the readings in the text by explaining in much deeper detail of the different concepts discussed in the chapter.  I actually quite like watching the videos because I feel I grasp a better understanding of what the concept are we are needing to learn for each chapter.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?

As I mentioned in my answer to question number two, I feel that the videos are very helpful.  After watching the videos I feel like I have a specific path I am following for the chapter because of the concepts that are mentioned.  They go into better more interesting depth sometimes when explaining each of the concepts.  In regards to architecture each of the videos touched on the concepts of Architecture which helped greatly.
4. From the group of four that you had a choice: Why did you choose that film?

I choose the film "Last Call for Planet Earth" because I actually had found it most interesting.  The video explained different ways in which we can better our environment so we can protect it from future harm that has already been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment