Friday, November 25, 2011

Blog Video Review

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art: The main concepts of this video followed the opionons of the artist Anthony Amussin.  It focused on the ideas of him and also the type of art which is called "lowbrow" art.

Bones of Contention: Native American Archaeology:  This video discusses Native Americans cermonies and also how their bones were collected.  The cermonies are the part of the film that I thought to be most interesting because of the traditions that they have followed through out history.

George Eastman House: Picture Perfect:  This video focussed on the invention by George Eastman who created a inexpensive camera for inexperienced users. George was known for his many accomplishments in art, science, and also his creation of the camera.  One of the most interesting facts that I had found in the film was that he has thousands of different images that were captured by a camera which is on display in his home.

Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach: This video discussed the Musem of Modern Art.  I had discussed this movie in the answer to one of my post questions because in this video having things in a specific order was very important to this artists and this type of art.
2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.

I do believe that the films related to my art exhibition due to mainly how the exhbitions are set up in the galleries.  Personally I think the way that the different pieces of work are arranged adds a sense of depth in itself.

3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?

I had very positive thoughts of the recquired films that we had to watch.  They each added depth in their own different ways to the conepts that I had used in my curation project.  It really helped me better understand for the most part what we were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment