Friday, November 4, 2011

Video Reviews

Questions and Topics for Your Blog Posting:
1. Explain why you selected each of the FOUR videos you choose from the selection listed above.

I choose the following videos because each of them had sparked my interest more than the others.  I did not have a full understanding of each of the concepts and I was hoping that the videos would improve that.  The videos I selected were Buddhism, Hinduism, African Art, and Chinese Art.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

Buddhism- This video is the most interesting to me out of the four.  It discussed mainly the art & architecture that Buddhist creates which was fascinating. 

Hinduism- This video also discussed the art & architecture of the Hinduism religion.  The video
showed many examples of the types of art & architecture that they create and bit of background of the religion.

African Art-This video described the different characteristics of the lives of persons during this time.  The video informed the viewer of the different types of religious beliefs that were followed for instance like rituals, and art created.

Chinese Art-This video showed numerous different types of Chinese art.-Wow!  Throughout the pieces you can see how the Chinese way of life has changed over the years.

3.. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

The videos relate to the readings in the text by explaining more in-depth details about what we have currently have been learning.  By explaining the concepts of the chapter and characteristics of the different religions I have gain a better understanding of each of them.

4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?

I actually enjoyed each of the films this time.  Before in the video reviews that we have done a couple of the videos hadn’t sparked my interest.  Each of the videos I chose I wanted to learn more about the concepts and I did.  They were incredible informative as mentioned before, and I believe I have a better insight of the concepts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment